Saturday, September 15, 2007

Needful Things: Developments I

I decided to switch to fairies for this assignment.
I like fairies alot and there's a particular photoshop artist (of whom I'm a fan) who creates amazing photoshop images of fairies. Without having these in hand, I drew a fairy offhand to see if I could create a recognisable symbol without details.
Convinced that it would fit the assignment, I tried to sketch more whimsical wings.
I excitedly looked up the artist's work and got started. I combined different elements I liked from 3 pictures to create an intricate image (ok I was having a lot of fun doing and just kept going) and will begin simplifying from there.


- I selected this fairy image because the posture communicates the fairy idea,
even if all the details are taken out.
Below u see how I incorporated this figure with wings from other images and some adaptation.

This is the final image from which I will be simplifying to create the symbol.

I'm not sure if I will continue drawing or to use photoshop, as it's easier for replication.

I'm excited to see how it turns out!

No comments: