Saturday, September 15, 2007

Needful Things: Developments #2

Using 3 different fairy images & some of my own ideas, I drew a fairy with complex wings. I really liked the look of the fairy and I was starting from very complex and working my way down to simplicity. I figured there would be alot of removable elements.




This is how it looked.






I had trouble switching between mediums though. This was hand-drawn, then darkened with a pen. I took a picture of it and planned to edit in photoshop. The edges still weren't clear enough so after a few tries I scanned it in. That was better but still terribly difficult to edit, considering the specific edges and minute lines.




The paintbucket tool wasn't cooperating with the lines so I had to do extra editing to fill in colours.




I inverted the colours to see if that would help.




It was starting to look good but I couldn't see how it would look good simplified...



I spent a long time on it then decided it was too difficult as I was having to print the image out and edit and put it back in the computer for more editing. It also looked terrible when simplified because of the overlaps in the complex image, like the fold in the cloth and one leg over the other... So I decided to find another image to work on.


No comments: