Thursday, October 11, 2007

U C What I C: Version 1


"Telling a story with not more than 10 pictures"

I didn't have enough volunteers for characters so I employed my obliging dolls to star in my film.


In the first story, I wanted to use a little bit of the 'Gilligan's Island' idea and have the evil dolls attack me. Unfortunately, I needed my parents' help but they were in a bit of a hurry so it didn't come out great. For instance, the last wide shot of the character lying dead, sprawled across the staircase landing is absent.

Also it had to star myself quite unfortunately. I will include the intended meanings of the photographs.

Girl walking comfortably at home. Clock meant to be noticeable.

She trips over a barely-visible wire. This should seem strange.

She is sprawled across the landing, unconscious.


She comes to. (Clock meant to be visible. Passage of time becomes evident. She has been out for quite some time. What has happened in that time?)



She opens her eyes, in the awkward position after her fall, and is shocked to see dolls lined up in front of her. She connects this to the wire that seemed to hint of foulplay. It was the dolls! They seem alive!

Note: She is tied up.

The dolls tie her down and she screams, terrified.

She passes out again. (Fear, shock etc.)

Suddenly the dolls seem tiny. Someone is picking them up.

The camera zooms out and we see someone from the household laughing hysterically, dolls-in-hand. It was meant to show that the dolls weren't actually alive. They were manipulated by someone (with a little batteries and imagination you can figure out how) to commit the acts. This character is thrilled that the girl fell for it.

The 'Home Sweet Home' was meant to be somewhat in view to suggest it wasn't a threatening thing.

I actually had several different ideas for this one. It was meant to end with a shot of the girl just sprawled out, no additional character added. This would suggest the dolls had won. (Assumption: they were evil dolls that really were alive).

Alternatively, the character at the end was supposed to have an evil laugh as if he were the puppet master having victoriously killed the girl.

1 comment:

Lynda Howells said...

interesting ideas...well done